What a crazy week it has been. The next few weeks I’m sure are going to unfold pretty eventfully. In the midst of us returning home from a cruise we are being greeted with lots of restrictions and encouragement to stay home (not because of travel surprisingly). With that being said I thought I would put together a blog post with factivities to do with kids when your stuck at home. I am combining my favorite things to do with some of my other favorites bloggers and their blog posts! I don’t know about you all but we love getting out and about. We love being outside…. unfortunately the weather this week isn’t great so indoor activities it is! So here it goes seven ideas of activities to do with kids when your stuck at home PLUS a few bonus blogs with more fun ideas!
Please note this post may contain affiliate links.
7 fun ideas:
1. First off I love have stations around the house. Set up a construction site, cooking area with table, arts/crafts, and even a cleaning crew station would be fitting with everything going on now. I just get creative with toys the kids have and set them up differently. The kids go wild over old toys and it is so fun to watch their creativity. Some other ideas of stations:
- Tea Party
- Fire Station
- Car Wash (you can even do a water tub with bubbles)
2. Crafts with kids. I’m a huge fan of dot crafts because they are easy and cheap. We love play doh, coloring. These are the daubers we love:
3. Cook/bake with kids. It’s easy to create with food you already have. Let kids help when they can and this actually encourages them to try new foods. Also, decorating baked goods is always a fun adventure for kids.
4. Make a fun song playlist! Kids love to dance and move.
5. Sensory bins/sensory digs are really fun. Use rice or even just color water and have them explore what they find.
6. Have an “indoor pool party”. Set up a bath tub like a Hawaiian getaway the kids will go nuts and its fun to have them splash and play.
7. Scavenger hunt. Always fun to hide toys and have kids find them [and honestly a great time burner ha!]
Fun blog posts with even more ideas:
My friend Caitlin has two awesome post:
My friend Sarah is a former teacher and has a TON of great learning activates for kids:
My friend Jenny has a WHOLE SITE for fun crayola crafts and other fun details. I love these St. Paddy’s day craft ideas.
We love being out and about and even just playing outside but unfortunately weather and Corona isn’t letting this happen. I hope that these ideas can help make these next few weeks a little more fun and a little less stressful.
What activities to do with kids when your stuck at home?
XOXO Gabbing Ginger