The thing about holiday traditions is it is never too late to start. I know so many who follow a long are young and starting families. These are the perfect times to begin fun traditions over the holidays. Let’s be honest…. the big toy isn’t what we remember 20 years from now it is the memories that were made over the season and that is why traditions are so great. Here are so easy and fun ways to incorporate tradition into your holiday season! PS don’t miss the exciting giveaway at the bottom of this post!
- Stocking gift: we give a gift everyday in a stocking. Usually fun dollar spot finds and our kids love running t find what they received.
- Advent Calendar: We got a chocolate one this year and we do fun little lessons with it! I have seen fun DIY ones that would be so fun to make! You can customize each day and get as creative as you want with how it physically looks!
- Christmas Lights: I actually asked on my personal Facebook page everyone’s favorite traditions and this one really stood out. You get the kid(s) all ready for bed and then surprise them when they are in their pj’s that they get to go look at Christmas Lights! Give them yummy treats along the route too!
- Framily Party: We started this fun party before we even had kids! It is fun to exchange gifts and see the magic in the kids faces. A lot of our friends here do not have cousins near by so this is their “framily” fun!
- Bake Cookies: Although our Santa prefers Oreos we have a lot of fun decorating cookies on Christmas Eve.
- Elf on a shelf: You can make it as big as you want or as simple and kids love it! We are starting it either this year or next.
- Giving Back: This is something we are beginning this year. We will fill a basket with toys to donate. We also “adopt” a kiddo in need and I am also hoping to find a volunteer activity for the kids.
- Matching PJ’s: SO simple! Stores make it easy to find these now and it is fun to attempt a family photo with everyone matching.
- A yearly gift: This is something my husbands family does and we have continued. Every year my husband gets a new snowman, I get nutcrackers [grin], Tripp gets Rocking horses and Annabelle gets bell’s of course!
- Pick out an ornament: Another annual gift is the kids getting to pick out a new ornament. It is something I did as a kid and is so fun to see how personalities grow and change over the years.
- Front Door Thank You: If you missed the post I love doing thank you treats on the door for ALL of the delivery drivers and their hard work!
- Pay it forward: Buy several $5 gift cards [I usually do Starbucks or a local coffee shop] and distribute them to cashiers or anyone you run into during the busy holidays that is doing a great job!
- Stockings on Christmas Eve: This was another fun tradition shared on my Facebook page that several people do! It helps build excitement for Christmas Day but also takes the fun and spreads it out a bit which can be nice for family!
- Write a Letter to Santa: This is such a fun treat for kids. You can also sign up free on HERE to receive a free letter back from Santa!
- Memory gift: this is for those of us who have family members who have passed. A friend of mine suggested a gift from the love one who has passed and children open it up before Christmas so the focus can be on celebrating the memory of the family member. I think we will start this this year since my kids have recently lost their grandma and my mom passed before they were born. I think a gift from the grandmas is something special we can do!
Also, a fun holiday tradition that we do when we travel is that Santa visits us twice. Once at home and once on the road! It is something I did as a kid and we will do this year. We love to celebrate at home but also on the road with family! We do about the same amount of gifts just get creative with how to travel with them [but hey there is always Amazon Prime].
Speaking of amazon… don’t miss the fun giveaway I have going on with some of my favorite bloggers below!
What are your favorite holiday traditions?
We’re making a list and checking it twice!I’ve teamed up with an amazing group of bloggersto give YOU a chance to win:a $1,000 Amazon or VISA Gift Card,just in time to complete your holiday wish list!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 12/11.Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task,which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.
XOXO Gabbing Ginger