With the half way point of the year upon us, I wanted to revisit the goals I set for myself. I have really tried to hold myself accountable to these. Smalls steps to big goals is what I have in the back of my mind!
So where do a stand?
1. Don’t sweat the small stuff. This is a constant reminder. I still am very hot headed and get worked up easily but I am working on giving myself a few seconds to breath before reacting so brashly.
2. Be a better listener. Another thing I CONSTANTLY have to remind myself. But I am proud to say I have really noticed it becoming more of a habit.
3. Blog once a week. I am so proud to say I have kept up with this so far! I am really working hard on outlining my blog/social media calendar so I am more organized!
4. Practice yoga once a week. I have really struggled with this one. I am working out more consistently but yoga has only been happening every other week. I definitely am going to start doing it more. I found some really great Tone it up online yoga videos the other day actually!
5. Travel to a new place. I am headed to Nashville, TN for a bachelorette party in July! Any recommendations of what we should see/do?!
6. Learn a new skill. I don’t know if it is a *new* skill but for the first time I am actually actively running and cutting my pace. I can run on the treadmill at a 7 which I have NEVER been able to do before!
7. Volunteer more. I have stepped up to be event chair for the Jingle Bell Run 2017! Contact me if you want to make your own team, or join mine here! Even if you can’t be there in person you can “Jingle in your Jammies” from home AND you get the awesome event t-shirt or make a donation!
Overall, I am proud of myself for working to reach my goals! Just have a few areas to work on but like the quote above sometimes it isn’t about the final goal it is about the journey to get there!
What are were your 2017 Resolutions/Goals? How are you accomplishing them?
XOXOX Gabbing Ginger